Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ouch!

I sprained my ankle

Don't ask me what I was doing when I sprained my ankle.

...

Alright, I was jumping. I was attempting a single Axel jump (with 1 1/2 rotations in the air. Figure-skating jump, I should mention). I've done it before, but always from both feet and landing on both feet. This time I decided to be more adventurous and land on one foot. My right foot. I basically crash landed on my right foot. Yup. Stupid, I know. I woke Matt up with my wails of "Oh noooo oh noooo oh nooooooo...". I was in agony, writhing on the floor holding on to my ankle as if it would make it feel better. Matt was a real sweetie to me, bringing me ice so I could ice my foot, letting me use him as crutches to help me walk (I could barely walk), preparing a nice bubble bath for me... Hee~

I feel like a moron. Because, I sprained my ankle less than a year ago. My other ankle. Doing step aerobics. I'm not a klutz per se, really (even though my mom thinks so because I'm flat-footed. According to her ancient chinese wisdom, people with flat-feet have terrible balance and therefore, I have to be careful when I walk because I could sprain my ankle. Right mom, I'll just move around in a wheelchair, less chances of spraining my ankle, ok?) but to sprain my ankle twice in less than a year? Both my ankles? Yes thank you, I feel stupid. I should've been more careful, I should've listened to Matt when he tells me to be careful when I'm jumping around like a hyper monkey. Sigh...

I had to take pictures of my ugly bruised foot. =)



No comments: