Sunday, March 22, 2009

The perfect weekend

I haven't had a nice, relaxing, long weekend in awhile. It's always been travelling to EL for kendo, or going to Detroit for family stuff, or travelling somewhere or another... never really spent the whole weekend in Fort Wayne. People at work asked me on Friday, "So you going to Michigan again this weekend?" "Nope, gonna be here for the weekend," I told them. "Well you might be bored here with nothing to do." "Probably not, I can think of plenty of things I can do at my apartment."

Well, Friday night we just vegged out. Ate a nice steamboat dinner, and then I started watching Bamboo Blade (anime about a bunch of high school kendo girls, it's so cute! And I can so relate to them because I practice kendo too!) and Matt basically caved in front of his computer. I specifically told him that I don't normally have Friday nights to myself therefore I shall use this evening to fully enjoy myself i.e. watch anime until I fall asleep. =)

The next day however, I was super productive, and so was Matt. I've never been prouder of Matt. He cleaned up his stuff in the living room, and now there's a nice big space in front of our coffee table. No clutter of papers and folders and cables and bolts and nuts and screw... Cleaned his stuff off the kitchen table too... Put away some things into our storage spaces i.e. the garage and the outside storage room. The apartment actually felt neat and tidy since we moved in in January. I cleaned (actually bleached) the bathroom, did the laundry, cleaned the bathroom rugs, cleaned the welcome mats, vacuumed the WHOLE apartment (minus the den... still a mess because Matt still has his workbench and his electronics stuff all over... but I'm actually okay with that) and it never felt cleaner. I even wiped down and vacuumed the hand-me-down couch too! Aahhhh... nice big clean spacious apartment. Life is good =)

No comments: