We have a commodore's ball to go to this weekend. Matt's dad was elected to be commodore of his yacht club. So I get to dress up.
So I thought I'd try out some makeup. Now, I don't usually put on any makeup at all, not even foundation or powder (I did buy one recently with thoughts that I'd use it more often so that my face won't look so oily, but evidently I'm too lazy to even do that). The extent of my makeup is lip gloss, and that's only when I can't find my Aloe Vera lip balm (I seem to always be misplacing my favorite lip balm =( ). Therefore, I thought I'd try on some stuff as practice before doing the real thing on Saturday.
I decided to put on this nice liquid eyeliner that Jiayunn bought for me for Christmas. It's No7, and it's this nice metallic dark green color. Initially I was really skeptical about it, because I didn't want to look like I'm dressing up for Halloween or going clubbing and wearing slutty clothes. Jiayunn managed to convince me to try it on when she was here. I agreed that it looks really nice, but it felt sticky as hell (another reason why I don't use makeup, it makes my eyes stick together). Taking it off was hell, because I didn't have my makeup remover with me, and all I could use was my facial wash. It was definitely not easy removing that.
Of course since then you'd think I'd have learnt my lesson and not use the liquid eyeliner again. Nope, nope. I had to try it on. On both eyelids. Both upper and lower eyelids. I even put on eyeshadow and eyebrow liner. Just to see how I'd look. Probably took me about 5 minutes. Showed Mattie my makeup. He thought I looked cute. Decided to remove my makeup.
THAT was hell. The eyeshadow and the eyebrow liner were the easy part. The eyeliner was basically a second skin on my eyelids. I had to scrub real hard with cotton pads dabbed with my makeup remover, and still it looked like I barely removed anything. Everytime I rub the cotton pad against my eyes, I could feel the makeup remover seeping into my eyes, and everytime I tried to open my eyes it would burn and sting and I'd have to squeeze my eyes shut because it was PAINFUL. Not that squeezing my eyes shut was any better, I still felt the sting that made my eyes water, but at least it's not the sharp stinging sensation I'd feel with my eyes open. I swear, it probably took me about 25 minutes literally scrubbing my eyes with the cotton pads (I thought about using metal scrubs for my pots and pans, but then decided against it. I needed my eyes more than I needed the stupid eyeliner removed). As I'm writing this, minutes after I finally got the eyeliner removed (I still have little green bits stuck on my eyelashes, couldn't do much about that) the stupid makeup remover still stings my eyes and makes it water. And my eyes feel like they're raw from all that scrubbing. Red, swollen and raw eyes. Great. Just the look I needed to go in to work tomorrow.
I think I'm never going to use makeup ever again. Or maybe I'll just stick to the pencil eyeliners. MUCH easier to get rid of. Matt says I look beautiful without makeup anyway. Why do we put ourselves through torture just to suit what the society deems "pretty"? Screw it, my eyesight is more important than my attempts to make them look big and round and flashy.
No comments:
Post a Comment